By: Joey Cam
August 29, 2012
PLEASE SHARE! :-)
Guild Wars 2 officially launched to the general public on August 28th, 2012. If you pre-purchased GW2 (like me) you had 3 days early access on August 25th (actually 9 PM PST on Aug. 24th). I have been playing Guild Wars 2 since they had open beta tests for customers that pre-purchased the game. This is one of the best MMOs I have ever played to date. The graphics are great, character skill customization is awesome (so many options) and 3 faction PvP is unbelievable.
[adblockingdetector id=”2″]Aside from the gaming aspects that NCsoft and ArenaNet have full control over, one thing they have little control are the people that play the game. For some reason even the people playing GW2 are really cool and helpful. Yes, there are a few trolls but that is expected. On my server the vast majority of people are very helpful and play as a group. If I have one negative thing to say about Guild Wars 2 is that the character storyline is just decent, nothing to rave over. I have this opinion because I am comparing the storyline adventures to Star Wars: The Old Republic. SW:TOR has a phenomenal storyline adventure. I could select various options on how I wanted to take the storyline. The cut scenes were always great and the writing was above par (my main toon was a Sith Juggernaut). SWTOR is a really good game if you love PvE and don’t care much for PvP. But my main passion in MMOs is PvP gaming. Guild Wars 2 exceeded my expectations for PvP gameplay.
If you are into MMOs and love to PvP I highly recommend Guild Wars 2. I know a lot of you are wondering, “Can I play it?”, “Will it run on my PC?”, “Is my laptop fast enough to run Guild Wars 2?” No worries. Below I posted the Guild Wars 2 minimum system requirements. If you do not know how to compare your computer with the hardware requirements I posted below then we can help. Follow my instructions on how to figure out what Graphics card, Processor, RAM amount and Windows version you have, then post your system specs below as a blog comment. We will compare your specs for you and reply with an answer.
Here is how to figure out what Processor, Graphics card, Windows version and how much RAM your PC has…
* Hit the START button, then RIGHT-click “Computer”; select “Properties”. A new Windows will pop-up. Within that new Window you will be able to grab the following info…
* Windows version and if it is 32 or 64-bit
* The service pack you have installed will be displayed near the top
* Exact processor model and specs
* How much RAM (aka system memory)your PC has installed
* Next Step: Click the “Device Manager” link at the Top-Left of the Window that you have opened
* Within the new Window that popped up click, “Display adapters”
* Your graphics card model number will be displayed
[adblockingdetector id=”4″]IF YOU NEED HELP, Please give us the following information about your computer…
#1 – What is the exact processor model and specs of your computer?
#2 – How much RAM does your computer have?
#3 – What Graphics card do you have (model number)?
#4 – Do you have Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP? Is it 32 or 64-bit?
#5 – Is your PC a desktop or laptop?
Guild Wars 2 PC MINIMUM System Requirements
• OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 8, 7, Vista OR XP Service Pack 2
• PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 OR Better
• RAM: 2 GB OR More
• VIDEO / GRAPHICS CARD: nVidia GeForce 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000 OR Better
• GRAPHICS CARD SPECIAL: 256 MB of video RAM and Shader Model 3.0 OR Better
• HARD DRIVE SPACE: 25 GB available
• INTERNET SPEED: DLS, Cable Or Faster Internet connection required
Guild Wars 2 – World Versus World Overview Trailer [adblockingdetector id=”6″]
PLEASE SHARE! :-)