By: Joey Cam
November 10, 2011
PLEASE SHARE! :-)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 computer system requirements are the same as last year’s Call of Duty: Black Ops. So if you can run COD: Black Ops smoothly on your computer then you will have no trouble running COD: Modern Warfare 3. The reason the system requirements have not changed is because the core graphics engine that was used to create last year’s COD: Black Ops is the same or very similar.
I would like to state to everyone what computer hardware will NOT be able to run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 smoothly… – “Integrated” / “On-Board” graphics cards are NOT compatible with MW3. This includes the full “Intel” graphic card lineup (as of this writing). ATI and nVidia also have lower end integrated / on-board graphics cards which are also NOT compatible with MW3. If you have a laptop with one of these incompatible graphics cards you will not be able to upgrade it, that laptop will never work. The only exceptions are the newer laptops with 2 graphics cards, one is an Intel and the other usually is an ATI or nVidia card.
If you have a desktop with an incompatible graphics card there is a great chance you will be able to upgrade it. There are many options available, just post below as much info as you can about your computer model and we can give you a graphics card recommendation based on your budget.
– Single-core processors and older dual-core processors. Examples are the original “Pentium Dual Core” processors and original AMD “Athlon 64 X2” dual core processors. They will NOT run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
– Netbooks and Tablets are NOT compatible with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I don’t care if it is a hot, new 2012 netbook that plays Angry Birds flawlessly, it will not run MW3. The only exception to this is from Alienware. They make a laptop that some people place in the “netbook” category (btw, it is not a netbook, just a very small laptop).
PLEASE NOTE: This is by no means an inclusive list. The list above is just the top PC game compatibility questions readers of this site have asked me about over the past few years.
– Do you have Windows XP, Vista or 7? (also is it 32 or 64-bit?)
– Processor on your computer?
– Amount of RAM on your computer?
– Graphic card on your computer?
– Do you have a Desktop or Laptop?
If you are unsure of any particular computer specification your PC may have that is not a problem. For more detailed specifications on your computer’s hardware check out my tutorial on how to use a free program to find your PCs specs.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC MINIMUM System Requirements
• OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP, Vista or 7 (It will work on 32 or 64-bit Windows 7 and Vista)
• PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz OR Better
• RAM: 2 GB
• VIDEO / GRAPHICS CARD: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT / ATI Radeon X1950 OR Better / Faster
• GRAPHICS CARD SPECIAL: Graphics card must have a Minimum of 256 MB of RAM (graphics card memory) AND be Shader 3.0 compatible
• SOUND CARD: DirectX compatible
• HARD DRIVE SPACE: 16 GB Free
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer
PLEASE SHARE! :-)