By: Joey Cam
June 17, 2009
PLEASE SHARE! 🙂
So you have decided that you want a website. Now you have to ask yourself, What will my website be about? What is the purpose of it? I strongly recommend creating a website with a subject matter you are highly knowledgeable on or very passionate about. This is something I can’t help you with. You know yourself the best, only you can make this decision.
• Life Journal / Personal Blog: You can write about your past and/or daily life experiences
• Fan site: Are you a Super Fan of a music group, movie, TV show, famous person, video game or something else? You can write about this passion.
• Expert / How To / Help Site: Do you know a LOT about ANYTHING you can be considered an expert on? You can share your knowledge and possibly help people out in your area of expertise
• Review site: Movie, Music, Gadget, Restaurant and any other type of review site you can think of
• Business site: If you have a business or plan to start one creating a website for it is an excellent promotional idea. Think about when you are interested in a product or service don’t you look it up on the Internet?
Once you have decided upon a SUBJECT you must choose a TITLE for your website. I will use my ClearTechInfo.com site as an example. ClearTechInfo offers tutorials, help and news on computers, technology and gaming. So I choose as a TITLE for my website, “Tutorials, Help & News for Computers, Technology & Gaming”.
_____TABLE OF CONTENTS_____
1 – How-To Create a Website for Free (Series Intro)
2 – How-To Choose a Subject, Title and Subdomain for your Website
3 – How-To Create a Free Website at WordPress.com + Beginner Basics
4 – How-To Customize Your WordPress.com Website, Beginner Basics Expanded
5 – How-To Submit Your Website to Google, Yahoo and Microsoft Search Engines
Now that we have covered choosing a SUBJECT, TITLE and SUBDOMAIN for your website you can proceed to the next tutorial which will cover free registration and the basic setup of your website.
PLEASE SHARE! 🙂