Tutorial / How-To
PLEASE SHARE! 🙂
One of the first things you should learn when purchasing a new Windows 8 computer is how to update Windows 8 using Microsoft Windows Update. It does not matter if you have a laptop or desktop, they are updated using the same method. If you are wondering what the price is for the Windows Updates, they are all free with every legal copy of Windows 8.
[adblockingdetector id=”1″]It is important to regularly update your Windows 8 computer via Microsoft Windows Update. The main reason to always keep up-to-date is because once in a while a “backdoor” or “hole” is found which malicious hackers can user to take control of your Windows 8 computer or cause havoc on your computer in some other way. Another good reason it is important to update your Windows 8 computer is because the Microsoft updates often correct any bugs, errors or performance issues you may have in Windows 8.
If you are like me, then you may be forgetful when it comes to regular computer maintenance tasks like updating Windows 8. There is a setting inside of Microsoft Windows 8 Update that allows you to set it to “Install Updates Automatically”. This setting checks for new Windows 8 Updates on a daily basis. If it finds new updates, it automatically downloads and installs them on your computer. This process is completely automated. I will show you in the video tutorial below how to activate this feature.
In the following how-to update your Windows 8 laptop and desktop computers using Microsoft Windows Update tutorial, I will take you step-by-step and you will easily learn the following…
1. Use the “control” command from the Run command prompt to quickly access the Windows Control Panel
2. Access the Windows Update settings page via Windows Control Panel
3. Where to access the Windows Update Settings section where you can select the option to Install updates automatically
4. Selecting “Important” and “Optional” Windows 8 updates
5. Two problems you may encounter while trying to update Windows 8 and solutions to those problems
PLEASE SHARE! 🙂