By: Joey Cam
December 17, 2011
PLEASE SHARE! :-)
The official release date of Star Wars: The Old Republic is December 20th, 2011. I can’t wait for this date. SWTOR is another MMORPG I will buy that will cause me to lose track of time and not want to do anything else but play the game. I haven’t decided if I want to be part of the Galactic Republic or Sith Empire but the Sith Warrior with a specialization of Juggernaut looks very appealing to me right now.
EDIT: Early access to the SWTOR servers began on December 13th. I received my early access email on December 16th. I am on the PVP West server named “The Swiftsure” as a Sith Warrior. My avatar name is NeroJoe. Say HI if you see me on there. Even better, if you are a Sith on my server feel free to help me from getting zerged or ganked. I am not that good on MMOs, need all the help I can get, lol.
• 1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
• 3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
• 6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)
Anyone coming from World of Warcraft or other older MMO games please be aware that Star Wars: The Old Republic minimum system requirements are a lot harsher than you are used to. Many of you that can run WoW at good graphics settings may not be able to run SWTOR smoothly. Please check your computer’s Processor, RAM (aka “memory”) and Graphics Card specs before you buy the game.
Star Wars: The Old Republic will Not work on Tablets or Netbooks, new or old. SWTOR will run okay on laptops and desktops with basic “on-board” / “integrated” graphics cards, but you need to have a decently fast processor and preferably 3+ GB of RAM. To achieve smooth frame rates with on-board graphics, you will need to play at low graphics settings; probably the lowest settings possible (again, you must have a decent fast CPU and 3+ GB or RAM if you have an on-board graphics card). I do not recommend playing SWTOR with an on-board / integrated graphics card if you want to play at good graphic detail settings.
If you have any problem installing or playing Star Wars: The Old Republic smoothly on your computer or if you are not sure if your PC is compatible with Star Wars: The Old Republic, feel free to ask for help in the comments section below. It would help a lot if you give us the following info about your computer when you ask for help…
– Do you have Windows XP, Vista or 7? (also is it 32 or 64-bit?)
– Processor on your computer?
– Amount of RAM on your computer?
– Graphic card on your computer?
– Do you have a Desktop or Laptop?
If you are unsure of any particular computer specification your PC may have that is not a problem. Just checkout this tutorial I created on how to find your processor, graphics card, RAM and other PC specs.
• Operating System: Windows XP, Vista or 7 (It will work on 32 or 64-bit Windows 7 and Vista)
• Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ / Intel Core2Duo Processor 2.0 GHz OR Better
• RAM: Windows XP 1.5 GB / Windows 7 or Vista 2 GB
• Video/Graphics Card: Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics / ATI X1800 / nVidia 7800 Or Better
• Video/Graphics Card special: Shader 3.0 or better
• Sound Card: DirectX compatible
• Hard Drive: 21 GB
PLEASE SHARE! :-)