By: Joey Cam
Tutorial / How-To
PLEASE SHARE! :-)
The leveling up crafting skills Tera guide will show you how to level Alchemy, Etching, Armorcrafting & Weaponcrafting professions. You will learn all of the important information needed to level all crafting professions from 1 to 800 Master crafter. If you are new to Tera and thinking about leveling all four crafting professions at once please check to see if #1, you have four max level characters and #2, you have over 150k gold in the bank. At the time of this writing the higher level crafting materials needed to level up crafting skills is really expensive, so it might even cost a lot more gold to level all 4 professions if you didn’t farm all the materials yourself.
I cover Weaponcrafting, Armorcrafting, Etching and Alchemy in the video because I am either a level 800 Master crafter or currently taking my 800 Master test in all four. So I can honestly say I know a lot about those four crafting professions to make a video tutorial on the subject.
In the Tera Etching, Armorcrafting, Weaponcrafting & Alchemy 1-800 crafting guide / video tutorial below I teach you the following…
01. The 4 main locations to find crafting areas with crafting merchants; Kaiator, Allemantheia, Velika and Highwatch.
02. To start, purchase a “Design” (aka “Formula”) from the Design/Formula vendor of the crafting profession you wish to level. The Design/Formula must be level 1 when first starting out.
03. Right-Click the Design/Formula to learn it. Walk over to a crafting station to start crafting your design/formula.
04. The design/formula may require some sort of Kit or Scroll material. You can purchase that material from the “Materials” vendor of your selected profession.
05. Your skill level will increase after each crafting each item. Once you reach the maximum level your current deign gives experience for your skill level will no longer increase.
06. Once your skill level does not increase with your current design/formula, you must go back to the design/formula vendor and purchase a higher level design/formula to craft. Rinse and repeat this profess until you hit skill level 500.
07. When you reach skill level 500 you can take the “Artisan” test. To pass the Artisan test you must craft everything on the Artisan Test list.
08. After passing the Artisan test select a level 500 skill design/formula to further advanced your progression. When that design does not level you anymore select a higher skill level design/formula until you hit 800 skill level.
09. At 800 skill level you can take the “Master” test. To become a Master Crafter in your selected profession you must craft everything on the Master Test list.
10. Your crafting is limited by the Production Points system. Every design costs a certain amount of production points. Tera replenishes 1,440 production points per day with a max cap of 4,000. For a comprehensive tutorial on Production Points please see my Tera Production Points Guide.
12. A lot of the materials needed to craft items like Runes will drop while leveling, killing mobs, BAMs or inside dungeons. Higher level designs will require harder to get materials you can only get through high level dungeons and PvP boxes like Sea Chests and Toy Boxes. Of course you can buy the majority of crafting materials on the Trade Broker, but it will be expensive if you only go that route instead of farming the materials yourself.
13. Tera allows you to only level up 1 crafting profession past 499 skill level Per Character. If you want to become an Artisan or Master Crafter in all Professions you must create a different character to level up each individual profession.
14. You can craft any place in the Tera world as long as you are near a fire or fire pit.
PLEASE SHARE! :-)