Home › Forums › ASK THE TECHS FOR HELP › Doom 3 loads but won't start on windows 7 sp1
This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Joey 7 years, 4 months ago.
November 18, 2015 at 1:35 pm #1552
I have a desk top computer running windows 7 professional 64 bit sp1 with intel (R) core (TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.2 GHz (4CPUs). 8192 MB Ram DirectX 11. NViDia Ge force GTX 750 Ti 4041MB Memory currant display mode 32 bit 60 Hz Here is my problem: last year I played Doom 3 on this computer and finished the game. Haven’t played it since but when I tried to play recently the game wouldn’t start. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and I get the same thing. After I click on the Run Autorun.exe and then the “do you want this program to make changes to your computer” I click yes then I click on play and the CD Rom starts up, runs for a while and just stops. My computer does the same thing with MOHAA which worked and now doesn’t. Can you help? Thanks
November 24, 2015 at 1:04 pm #1553
Thanks for posting your specs.
The problem is one or a combination of 3 things, Windows needs to be updated, the GeForce GTX 750 Ti needs the latest graphic drivers or Doom 3 needs to be updated.
Perform all 3 steps before trying to play Doom 3 again…
Update Windows 7 to the latest Windows updates, update everything.
– If you are not sure how to properly update Windows 7, I created a tutorial with a how-to video that will show you how to do it: http://www.cleartechinfo.com/how-to-update-windows-7-microsoft-windows-update
Update the GeForce GTX 750 Ti to the latest nVidia graphic driver update.
– The latest update was just released last week. Get it from here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/95553/en-us
– After the latest drivers are installed, Restart your PC
Update the Doom 3 game.
– I am used to downloading and launching games via Steam or Origin launchers. Those auto-update your games, if not you can go into the settings to make sure they auto-update your games.
– If Doom 3 is not connected to a launcher like Steam, please post where you got it from, if you don’t know how to update Doom 3
Now that you finished all 3 tasks above, it is time to launch Doom 3. But this time launch Doom 3 a different way.
– You need to find the file that launches Doom 3. It is probably named something like, “Doom3.exe” or “Doom3BFG.exe”
– The file is probably in the “”C:\Program Files\Doom 3\’” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\ \Doom 3\” directory.
– If you have Steam, The Doom 3 folder could be in a directory that looks like this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common”
– “Right-click” the “Doom3.exe” or “Doom3BFG.exe” file. You will get a quick pop-up menu.
– Select “Run as Administrator”
Note: Yes, I know you are already logged on to an Administrator account. But right-clicking, then selecting “Run as Administrator” is an additive measure to solve problems. It has solved games not launching on my own PC even though I have performed all the steps above with no luck.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.