By: Joey Cam
Tutorial / How-To
PLEASE SHARE! :-)
When I first started playing Tera Online in 2013 I could gather all day without limits and craft an unlimited amount of items (given I had enough mats). When I came back to play in late 2014 I found out there is a new in-game system created to cap gathering and crafting. The new cap system is called “Production Points”. It took me a while to adjust but I figured out exactly what Production Points are and how to get more. The video guide below will teach you all that I know about Tera’s Production Points system.
Gathering each node costs 25 Production Points. It does not matter if it is an Ore, Essence or Plant node, the cost is 25 Production Points to gather each node. There is a way to reduce the amount of Production Points needed to gather each node. The auto-gathering pet named “Felicity” reduces the Production Points cost by 20%. Since it normally costs 25 points to gather each node, Felicity will gather each node for 20 Production Points. You can acquire Felicity three different ways, by hitting the jackpot loot when opening “Lucky Cat Carrier” boxes, buying from Trade Broker or hitting a jackpot opening an Elite Status box.
You can regen Production Points in 3 ways…
– Every five minutes you automatically get 5 Production Points, it does not matter if you are logged in or offline.
– You can buy a “Twice Cured Loot Box” or “Once Cured Loot Box” from the EMP store, or buy a “Crafter Cure” or “Crafter’s Cure All” from the Trade Broker.
– If you are Elite Status you receive 1 potion each day you login that replenishes 1,000 Production Points. This pot is not tradable.
In the Tera, What Are Production Points Guide, Video Tutorial below I cover the following…
01. Chat about how gathering and crafting was in the beginning, then explain the introduction of Production Points
02. Explanation of what exactly Production Points are.
03. How Production Points get depleted while crafting. (I craft Ostatak Oil in my example).
04. How Production Points get depleted while gathering nodes.
05. Introduction to the auto-gathering pet “Felicity” and how it reduces the amount of Production Points used when gathering nodes.
06. How to regen Production Points.
07. Example of how Production Points on each server are separate. If you use up points on one server the Production Points on other servers you are on are not depleted.
PLEASE SHARE! :-)