By: Joey Cam
Tutorial / How-To
PLEASE SHARE! :-)
Messing around with the console in Call of Duty has always been a fun thing to do in single player mode, especially during the Nazi Zombie levels. Through the console you can activate cheats and other cool things like an overlay display of your frames per second while playing. Unfortunately Treyarch disabled the single player console feature in Call of Duty: Black Ops during one of their first few updates for the game. Don’t worry, there is a way around this.
Here is a list of Commands / Cheats I have for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Please feel free to contribute the commands you know so I can add them to this list (just post a comment below with the command / cheat and exactly what it does) “cg_drawFPS 1” – Displays the Frames Per Second (This shows how fast your PC is running the game)
“cg_drawFPS 0” – Turns Off the display of FPS
“god” – God mode (nobody can kill you)
“give all” – Gives all weapons (It is supposed to give all weapons to you but I don’t think it gives every weapon, just most of them) “give ammo” – Gives you full ammo on all weapons
1. How-To find the location of the Call of Duty: Black Ops “config.cfg” file you need to edit
2. How-To find the “seta monkeytoy” command within the config.cfg file and edit it to enable the console within single player mode
3. How-To bind commands / cheats to a key on your keyboard
4. How-To make sure all your settings are not changed Call of Duty: Black Ops and make sure the console in single players works
5. In-game Call of Duty: Black Ops Nazi Zombie single player demonstration. You are shown what happens when “god” and “give all” weapons is activated
6. The exact key to press to enable the console in Call of Duty: Black Ops single player mode. The key to press is the “`” key on the keyboard. It is called the “tilde” key.
PLEASE SHARE! :-)